Do you need a license to be a Dental assistant in Texas

Once a dental assisting program has been completed, individuals must pass both written and practical exams to obtain a license as a dental assistant in Texas. These exams are administered by either the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners or the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). With a license in hand, Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)can practice in the state and provide quality care to patients. It is important to note that licenses must be renewed every two years through continuing education courses approved by either the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) or DANB.