QuickBooks Unable to Connect to the Remote Server: Follow Troubleshoot Steps
Quickbooks provide you with several amazing features. One such feature is Multi-user setup, this feature allows you to scale up more than one use so that more users can work simultaneously on a company file. In the multi- user access mode, a normal PC is set up as a host computer. Moreover, QuickBooks database server manager is the component which turns on the hosting and it bridges the workstations to communicate with the company file. In certain circumstances, Quickbooks might not be able to connect to the remote server, this happens when workstations cannot access the company file. There can be numerous reasons for the issue – “QuickBooks unable to connect to the remote server”.
What are the causes for the issue – “QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server”?
- There might be some issues with the QuickBooks file hosting or permissions.
- QuickBooks database server manager might not be working on the server.
- Improper setup of the QuickBooks server.
- Local area networks might not be active.
- There might be a halt in the Quickbooks server connection.
- A third party firewall can also result in QuickBooks unable to connect to QuickBooks server.
- The QuickBooks version being used might be outdated.
What are the ways to fix ‘Quickbooks unable to connect to the server’ issue?
- Solution 1: By updating the QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Solution 2: By checking the settings in the webmail preferences.
- Solution 3: By renaming the .ND(Network Data)file.
- Solution 4: Organizing QuickBooks database server manager.
- Solution 5: Validating the QuickBooks desktop file hosting
- Solution 6: Resetting internet settings to default.
These basic troubleshooting will fix the issue -QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server. But, if the issue still persists and QuickBooks is still unable to connect to the remote server, then you can reach out to QuickBooks Enterprise Support at +1-888-485-0289 and our team of experts will be happy to assist you.