Z type Sheet Pile
Z type sheet piles are produced in zigzag form and are usually driven in crimped or welded doubles. z type sheet piles are more widely used than U type piles in port construction and deep foundations because Z type sheets can have greater modulus and can be used as intermediate piles in tubular and HZ combination walls.The main features of the Z type sheet pile: are the continuous form of the web and the specific position of the symmetrical interlocking on both sides of the neutral axis, both of which contribute to the increase of the section modulus.
Advantage of Z type steel sheet pile:
1. Flexible design, high section modulus, and mass ratio;
2. Higher moment of inertia increases the stiffness of sheet pile wall and reduces the displacement deformation;
3. Large width, effectively saving the time of lifting and piling;
4. The increase of section width reduces the shrinkage of sheet pile wall and directly improves its water stopping performance;
5. Thickening treatment is carried out in the parts with serious corrosion, and the corrosion resistance is excellent.
6. The weight per square meter of a Z-shaped sheet pile is always less than that of a U-shaped sheet pile for a similar section modulus, which facilitates waterproofing.
7. It can be used as an infill pile together with steel pipes and H-beams, and is usually used to obtain a very high modulus.
Application of Z type steel sheet pile:
The steel sheet pile is very wide, in the permanent structure of the building, can be used for wharf, unloading yard, embankment revetment, wall, retaining wall, breakwater, diversion embankment, dock, gate, etc.; In temporary structures, can be used to seal the mountain, temporary shore expansion, cut-off, bridge cofferdam, large pipeline laying temporary ditch excavation retaining, water, sand, and so on; In flood fighting, it can be used for flood control, collapse prevention, sand and so on.