Nylon Non-standard Parts
Nylon is a tough angular translucent or milky white crystalline resin, as engineering plastics nylon molecular weight is generally 15-30,000. Nylon has high mechanical strength, high softening point, heat resistance, low coefficient of friction, abrasion resistance, self-lubricating, shock absorbing and sound deadening, oil resistance, weak acid resistance, alkali resistance and general solvent resistance, good electrical insulation, self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, poor dyeing.
Features of Nylon CNC
Nylon material is also a common material used in machining. Due to its hardness, toughness and processing characteristics, nylon material plays an irreplaceable role in precision parts machining. When it comes to thin-walled nylon machining parts, there will be easy deformation, precision is also difficult to control, and the workpiece in the clamping, will make the workpiece deformation, after unloading, the workpiece elastic deformation automatically recovers, resulting in the workpiece without force-free conditions of the size and processing size does not match. Trapped for should take vigorous clamping initial processing, and a slight clamping finishing processing sequence, to ensure that the clamping force does not affect the dimensional accuracy of the parts.
Advantages of Nylon CNC Machining
1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, with high tensile and compressive strength. Specific tensile strength is higher than metal, and the compressive strength and metal are not comparable, but it is less rigid than metal. Tensile strength is close to yielding strength, more than twice as high as ABS.
2. Outstanding fatigue resistance, the parts can still maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated bending. Common escalator handrails, new bicycle plastic wheel rims periodic fatigue is often applied PA.
3. High softening point, heat-resistant (such as nylon 46, high crystalline nylon heat deflection temperature, can be used for a long time at 150 degrees. PA66 after glass fiber was reinforced, its heat deflection temperature reached 250 degrees above).
4. Smooth surface, small coefficient of friction, wear-resistant. It is self-lubricating when used as movable mechanical components, with low noise, and can be used without lubricant when the friction is not too high.
5. Corrosion resistance, very resistant to alkali and most salt liquids, but also resistant to weak acids, oil, gasoline, aromatic compounds and general solvents, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidizers. It can be used as packaging material for lubricants, fuels, etc.